Job Description & Qualification
Tenure-track professors are part of the Research Faculty of HEC Paris and will be teaching to Grande École and Specialized Masters students, the MBA programme and the Executive Education, depending on their field of interest.
During their first three years, tenure-track professors benefit from a reduced number of teaching hours, simplified access to research funds and an exemption from administrative duties. HEC Paris faculty receive excellent financial support for research, including grants from the HEC Foundation. The remuneration and benefits package is competitive by international standards and will be commensurate with experience and profile.
While HEC Paris is a bilingual school (English/French), the ability to teach in French is not mandatory. The work shall be mainly performed at HEC Paris campus in Jouy-en-Josas.
HEC Paris is committed to equal opportunities. It ensures the entire faculty, staff and students against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment on the basis of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Completion of a PhD degree in Law (or JSD equivalent) – dual education (data science, economics, management, ….) is an advantage.
2. Experience (academic or other) in the field of Law, AI and Data Analytics.
3. Publication record in the field of Law, AI and Data Analytics.
4. Fluency to work in a multicultural environment – this competence must be highlighted by concrete achievements in the cover letter.
5. Experience and ability to work in an interdisciplinary manner – this competence must be highlighted by concrete achievements in the cover letter.
A record of publications in leading international journals such as the International and Comparative Law Quarterly, Journal of Law and Economics, International Review of Law and Economics, American Business Law Journal, Common Market Law Review, Artificial Intelligence and Law, Law and Society Review, Computer Law and Security Review, European Journal of International Law, European Law Journal, Journal of International Economic Law, Regulation and Governance, American Journal of Comparative Law, Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, Journal of Legal Studies, Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal, Human Rights Law Review, Journal of Legal Analysis, etc. is an asset.
Familiarity with empirical legal research methods, statistics, as well as working ability in French a plus.